Neurodivergent Led Training and Support.
Hi and Welcome
Who am I?
With over thirty five years of personal and professional experience of Neurodivergency, Autism, Additional Needs, disabilities and SEND; and twenty in designing and delivering training, management, varying roles working with children. I added family support with an integrated approach to my Disability, Equality and SEN law training to better support multiple areas of need. I’m fully insured (private indemnity and public liability), qualified and trained, including DBS & Safeguarding level 3 in Children/Young People, level 2 in adults.
In addition to the above my working background is in developing and delivering training within a national photography company of which I was an Area Trainer for SW area. I’ve over 20 years working within Training and management roles.
What we Do:
- We offer integrated, tailored support for neurodivergent families, schools and professionals.
- We’re trained in Early Help, and tailor support to your families needs.
Our training is delivered by neurodivergent professionals.
- We offer training on autism, sensory, executive functions, masking and EHCP’s.
- We offer training to Families, Professionals and Schools, at competitive prices.
- For full prices click here
Based in Devon, SW; primarily covering Exeter, Mid and East Devon.Virtual sessions available throughout U.K. I follow the Autism Education Framework and the Core Capabilities Framework for supporting Autistic People.
A fundamental part of my business foundation is that I am an autistic parent carer of two children with opposing additional needs. My eldest is autistic (PDA profile) with Auditory (APD) and Sensory (SPD) Processing Disorders, Hypercausis, Misophonia, social Anxiety, Sleep difficulties, Restricted Sensory Aversive eating, Selective Mutism and suspected ADD. My youngest is asthmatic, with Sensory, Auditory & Visual Processing Needs, functional bladder/ bowel needs, suspected dyspraxia and awaiting an autism assessment; my own Tigger Tornado.
Being an autistic adult has helped me better understand my children’s needs. I have bilateral sensorial hearing loss (completely deaf on one side), APD/SPD, Trigemal Neuralgia, HEDS (a connective tissue disorder), and hyper mobility.Prior to having children I worked as as an Area Trainer for a national family photographic company; a children's nanny, club security, and in childcare.
Online advise for Families is free*
Accredited Courses and Training
- Full Enhanced DBS checked.
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children/Young people.
- Level 2 in safeguarding adults.
- MASH, and whilstle blowing (renewed annually).
- HSE First Aid trained renewed 17/07/21
- Fully Insured, including Private Indemnity and Public Liability.
- SEN Law.- All levels (IPSEA)
- Anxiety Disorders and ADHD Recovery. (accredited by National Counselling Society)
- GirlGuiding Safe Space training level 1-3
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivision of Liberty.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing in Children & Young People.
- SEND Diploma levels 1,2,3 & 4.
- ADHD Awareness.
- Allergy Trained, including EPI pen trained..
- Autism and Anxiety
- Autism Awareness.
- Autism and Social Needs.
- BSL levels 1
- Challenging Behaviours.
- Child Psychology
- Depression, Trauma, Child Counselling.
- EHCP Training, and legislation.
- Emotional Regulation and Interoception
- Food, Health & Hygiene certificate.
- HOPE ASD/ADHD Parent Carer Course completed.
- HOPE (Help Overcoming Problems Effectively) Course Facilitator trained.
- Hunrosa Sleep Training.
- NAS Autism Awareness.
- NAS Autism in Women
- Nutrition Awareness.
- PDA Awareness.
- Play Therapy.
- Risk Assessment Trained.
- Sensory Processing Disorder Awareness. (2 CPD accredited courses, and I do annual refreshers).
- Sensory Processing Behaviours/ Triggers in the classroom.
- Supporting Translating Child/Young Voices views across.
- Trained in Early Help, Devon Graduated Framework, Right for Children, MASH.
- Understanding Executive Functions.
- Understanding and Applying Sensory Processing.
- Understanding the role of an Educational Psychologist.
- Working Memory and strategies to support it.
- Trained in
- AET (Autism Education Trust) progression framework.
- @myausomegirl blogger
My Ausome Girl blog
My Ausome Girl latest blog.
Does your Child mask in school?
Explode at home?
Do school understand masking?